Over the previous number of years, huge lottery jackpots became more common as lottery officers have adjusted the principles and ticket charges to spice up best prizes.
Powerball isn’t the only tantalizing lottery sport this 7 days. The Mega Thousands and thousands jackpot has more than $1 billion on the line for Friday’s drawing and has not found a winner in additional than two months.
The last Powerball jackpot get was in mid-November. In early November, only one ticket acquired in California received a record-breaking $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot.
Odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are slim — 1 in 292.2 million.
Over the earlier couple of years, big lottery jackpots have become far more common as lottery officials have changed the principles and ticket costs to spice up major prizes.
Powerball is played in 45 states, too as Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and also the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Which are the biggest US lottery jackpots at any time received?
- $2.04 billion, Powerball, Nov. 8, 2022 (one ticket, from California)
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
- $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
- $731.1 million, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021 (one ticket, from Maryland)
- $699.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 4, 2021 (one ticket, from California)
- $687.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 27, 2018 (two tickets, from Iowa and New York)
In 2021, the lottery video game noticed its most significant alter as Powerball officials added a Monday drawing to its weekly lineup of Wednesday and Saturday evening drawings. In the time of your announcement, Powerball proclaimed the addition in the Monday drawing would lead to “larger, faster-growing jackpots.”